Эта страница доступна только на английском языке.
BarTender v10.0 Service Release Downloads
The free Service Release at the bottom of this page can only be used to update existing copies of BarTender where the version number begins with 10.0.
- If you have BarTender 2016: Because you have the latest version of Bartender, you can update for free to the latest service release available.
- If you have a version older than BarTender 2016: You can only update for free to the latest service release available for your version. If your version is 10.1 or newer, you can purchase an update to the latest version of BarTender. If your version is 10.0 or older, you can purchase a new license for the latest version.
About BarTender 10.0
BarTender 10.0 was first released on March 1, 2012. Please click here for more detailed information about BarTender 10.0.
BarTender 10.0 Service Releases
Service Release #4 ("SR4") of BarTender version 10.0 was released on February 15, 2013 with a number of bug fixes for BarTender, the BarTender SDK, and Batch Maker.
Service Release #3 ("SR3") of BarTender version 10.0 was released on January 2, 2013 with the following enhancements:
- Bug Fixes: This service release fixes a few bugs existing in previous versions of BarTender, Commander, and Web Print Server.
- Translations: Translations for the Send Information to Support wizard have been updated.
Service Release #2 ("SR2") of BarTender version 10.0 was released on October 12, 2012 with the following enhancements:
- New Operating System Support: SR2 has been formally certified by Microsoft as Windows® 8 compatible. SR2 has also been tested and approved by Seagull as compatible with Windows Server 2012. All versions of BarTender 10, including SR2, are backward compatible with older versions of Windows back through Windows XP.
- Performance Improvements:
- Creating and editing Word Processor and RTF Markup objects is faster and more responsive.
- Speed has been improved when using PDF images as picture objects.
- Web Print Server: The Web Print Server has been redesigned to use the Print Server SDK. This allows the Web Print Server to benefit from the performance and stability improvements that were added to the Print Server SDK in BarTender 10.0 SR1. For a list of these improvements, click here.
- VBScript Assistant Improvements: The VBScript Assistant has been updated to show a number of additional functions.
- Commander: In very rare instances, certain users have configured multiple instances of Commander running from multiple machines to scan a single folder for the creation of files. In support of this, BarTender version 9.1 introduced a file-locking scheme to ensure that individual files were properly managed by the multiple instances of Commander. Unfortunately, it was recently learned that this Windows-based file-locking methodology was not compatible with some non-Windows file servers. Because it is common to have non-Windows file servers and NOT common to have multiple instances of Commander scanning the same folder, SR2 now turns off Commander's file-locking scheme by default.
- Bug Fixes: A number of bugs existing in previous versions and service releases have been fixed.
Service Release #1 ("SR1") of BarTender version 10.0 was released on May 25, 2012. Although there were NOT any serious bugs or stability problems that needed repair, there are a variety of enhancements that many users will find useful. These include:
- Translations Completed: Some user-interface components that had been new to version 10 had initially been released as "English only." That content has now been translated into the 22 additional languages supported by BarTender.
- Edition Emulation: It is now much easier for both Trial users and purchasing customers to try out the individual feature sets provided by each of the four BarTender editions.
- Previously, users of the Trial edition were basically trying out the Enterprise Automation edition. It was easy for them to confirm that the features they needed were available, but it took somewhat more effort to determine which of the four editions they actually needed.
- Within the first 30 days, users of a purchased edition could also easily try out features normally only available in the Enterprise Automation edition. (In this case, any features not normally available in the user's purchased edition would have the text "(Trial)" listed within the feature description.)
In each of the above two cases, after designing the document that you need using BarTender, you could run the Help, Edition Requirements option within BarTender to learn which edition is required to address the design features you ended up using. Although this approach still works, BarTender SR1 now offers the added convenience of true "Edition Emulation." This allows users of any edition (including Trial) to try any other edition (instead of being limited to trying out just our highest-end Enterprise Automation edition). For example, Trial users that think they might only need the Professional edition can quickly switch to emulating exactly that edition, instead of being limited to effectively trying out only the Enterprise Automation edition.
The edition to emulate can be specified at install time and easily changed later from within BarTender using the Help, Edition Selection option. As with the previous approach, purchasing users that emulate a higher edition will still see the text "(Trial)" listed within the description of higher-end features for the first 30 days. In the past, however, once this first 30 day period was over, these "Trial" features were no longer available. Now, with SR1, these features continue to be available for use after the first 30 days are over. However, using any of them causes the BarTender document to print in "demo mode." (This causes one character in each barcode, text or other data string to be altered at print-time.)
- BarTender User-Interface Improvements:
- Object Creation Improvements:
- BarTender's Text Toolbar and Line and Shape Toolbar are now always active. (Previously, they were only active when an appropriate object was selected.) This new capability allows you to specify settings for objects before you create them. For example, you can choose a default font and point size before you create one or more text objects. Or specify a line thickness and colorbefore you draw a line.
- "Lock aspect ratio" is now the default setting for certain shapes that should, by default, be based on circular or square shapes (such as arcs, pies, rings, chords, stars and regular polygons).
- When drawing or resizing shapes, holding down the Shift key temporarily overrides the selected object's current Lock Aspect Ratio checkbox setting. For example, objects based on squares and circles (which default to Lock Aspect Ratio being checked) can be stretched in a single direction if you depress the Shift key when resizing. Similarly, objects based on rectangles and ovals (which default to Lock Aspect Ratio being unchecked) will temporarily force any resizing to be proportional if you hold down the Shift key.
- Better feedback when objects cannot be moved or resized: Previously, if you attempted to move a locked object, it simply wouldn't move. However, there was no feedback explaining why. Similarly, if you tried to grab and resize an object using a hollow (instead of color-filled) handle, the object simply wouldn't resize. Again, there was no explanation of why from BarTender. Now, when you attempt to move a locked object or resize it using a hollow handle, a helpful pop-up message explains the situation and provides instructions on what settings need to be changed in order to carry out the desired action.
- Improved Print Station Performance:
- The Print Station companion application is now optimized for faster printing.
- Recently-used BarTender documents are now retained in memory instead of having to be loaded again from scratch for subsequent print jobs of the same document. (Print Station is now using the same document caching technology previously added to the Commander companion application.)
- In addition, Print Station Setup now allows you optionally specify any BarTender documents you would like to have preloaded into memory. Any such documents start out cached in memory and ready to use, even before you have printed them for the first time.
- Since Print Station uses the BarTender SDK, it benefits from the SDK stability enhancements described below.
- Print Server SDK Improvements: Applications based on the BarTender Print Server SDK now benefit from a number of performance enhancements. This includes the same stability improvements that Commander received as part of BarTender 9.4 SR3. New capabilities include:
- Restarting the BarTender process if it becomes unresponsive.
- Automatically restarting the BarTender process on a schedule.
- Document caching.
The new properties and methods are summarized here. (For more detail, please consult the SDK documentation.)
- IsResponsive property added to Engine and TaskEngine classes.
- ResponsiveTimeout property added to Engine, TaskEngine, and TaskEngines classes.
- RestartSchedule and StartupCommand properties added to TaskManager class.
- Additional Start() method added to TaskManager class in support of document caching features.
- CloseFormatAfterCompletion property added to all tasks that open BarTender documents.
- Priority property added to Task class.
- SLS Improvements: A User pane has been added to the Seagull License Server that allows administrators to view the active connections to SLS by user name. (A feature similar to this was present in versions of SLS prior to 9.3. It has now been restored by customer request.)
- Installer user-interface more easily supports a minimal download size: Early in the install process, when users are asked to select an edition, they are given a new option of specifying either "Trial" or one of the four available-for-purchase editions. If the "Trial" option is selected, users are offered the option of a minimal, full, or custom download. When downloading and installing from the web over a slow internet connection, the option of downloading only the modules that you need can significantly speed up your install time.
After downloading the latest BarTender 10.0 service release:
- If you Already Installed a Version of BarTender 10.0: Do not bother to remove your old software. Simply, install the Service Release over your existing installation of BarTender 10.0. You will not be prompted to re-enter your original Product Key Code (PKC).
- If you Never Installed BarTender 10.0: Simply perform a new install of your downloaded BarTender 10.0 service release. When prompted for a Product Key Code (PKC), provide the one that came with your original copy of BarTender 10.0.
The "Web Installer" option lets you choose between a full download and saving time by downloading only the modules you want. The larger "Full Download" downloads the full BarTender Suite, including Librarian, Security Center, Commander, Printer Maestro, Print Station and the rest of the Companion Applications. They also include the BarTender .NET SDKs and Seagull License Server.
|Software to Download
If you are updating an installation of either of the two Automation editions, we recommend that you also update Seagull License Server (SLS). (This is not needed for Basic and Professional editions.) You can download SLS using either of the download links above.